Occupational Therapist Community Aged Care
Servicing: Wagga Wagga
Part Time Position
BaptistCare is seeking a part time (Temporary 2 year contract) Occupational Therapist to join our Home Services Wagga Wagga team. This role will provide services to clients that focus on restoring, improving or maintaining independence, functioning and wellbeing to support them to remain living at home, in line with BaptistCare’s Wellness philosophy. In addition this role will be required to train home services staff to assist with implementation of occupational therapy recommendations and programs.
Why Over 4000 People Work For Us
- Our employees live our purpose and values
- Planned career development
- Flexible working arrangements
- Genuine commitment to work/life balance
- Excellent benefits and salary packaging options
What We Are Looking For
The successful applicant will possess the following:-
- Degree in occupational therapy and current registration (without restriction or conditions) with the Australian Health Professional Regulation Agency
- Post graduate experience working in a variety of aged care services, including the community setting
- Demonstrated ability to assess occupational therapy needs, and develop individualised programs for aged care clients living in the community
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team, and independently
- High level written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated computer literacy and willingness to utilise required software
- Current NSW drivers licence and a reliable, CTP insured motor vehicle is essential
- Demonstrated ability to deliver training to staff, qualifications to support training competencies (such as Train the Trainer) and knowledge of wellness and re-ablement approaches are highly desirable
How To Apply
To be considered for this role please submit your details, cover letter and resume in the area below. If you would like to discuss this position with BaptistCare please contact Nicole Donohoo on 9023 2747 or NDonohoo@baptistcare.org.au
2 August 2018. Join us today!
Successful applicants are subject to a Police Background Check.