Latest Update - 2:50pm on Monday, 17 January 2022
- There is no new information since the last update on Tuesday, 11 January.
- The home is temporarily closed to all non-essential visitors while we investigate, and will remain closed until health authorities indicate it is safe for us to reopen, either in part or in full.
Please be assured, the team at Caloola Centre will call you if there are any changes to the health or wellbeing of your loved one.
We are conscious that residents miss their friends and family and we are taking steps to ensure the residents remain physically and mentally well during the current closure.
- Resident body temperatures are taken twice daily.
- Residents have been asked to limit their movements and may be asked to remain in their rooms.
- You can drop off care packages, gifts and non-perishable food items to be passed along to your loved one. We encourage you to send care packages as it brings great delight to the residents.
- We are continuing to work towards putting alternatives in place for phone and video contact with loved ones. We will update you as soon as you can contact your loved one online.
COVID-19 Testing Information
- A number of staff members have tested positive for COVID-19. All staff are fully vaccinated.
- Rapid antigen testing was conducted on Monday, 10 January and all results were negative.
- We are completing rapid antigen tests on all staff before they start their shift, in addition to the entry screening and automated body temperature readings.
- There continues to be significant and rapid COVID-19 transmission in the community, and our staff are exposed to this as they reside in the local area.
How We're Managing COVID-19 Testing
- With delays in the results of PCR testing, the home is also using Rapid Antigen Testing (RAT) for early detection of possible COVID-19 cases.
- If a resident returns a positive RAT result, we are treating this result as a positive COVID-19 case. PCR testing will be undertaken to confirm these results.
- In the event of a positive RAT result we may take some precautionary infection control measures and restrict movement in parts of the home.
- If a resident tests positive (RAT or PCR), we will communicate with families first and then provide that update to all families through this website page.
We wish to thank you for your support of our team as we manage the ongoing situation at Caloola Centre.
Please know we are doing all we can in partnership with health authorities and with support from our wider residential leadership team and our executive leadership team to respond to this situation. The health, safety and wellbeing of your loved one is our absolute priority.