Latest Update - 3:20pm on Friday, 14 January 2022
- There is no new information since the last update on Thursday, 13 January.
Important updates regarding Dorothy Henderson Lodge:
- Dorothy Henderson Lodge is open for festive season in-room visits. We are also pleased to advise that visitation will open to Fern Gully families from 14 January.
- Bookings are essential and must be made via the Acuity booking system, using the link you have used previously, and provided here.
- Each resident can have one double vaccinated visitor per resident per day. No children under the age of 12 can be permitted. Visitors must be screened and undergo a rapid antigen test with negative result upon entering the home.
- Residents can be taken out of the home for excursions, although we would ask that you consider the risks involved. We are strongly recommending residents stay in the home given the high case numbers in the community. Excursions from the home should only be to low-risk settings, preferably outdoors, and with good social distancing, hand hygiene and mask-wearing where possible. Please use Acuity to book an excursion.
Please be assured, the team at Dorothy Henderson Lodge will call you if there are any changes to the health or wellbeing of your loved one.
- Resident body temperatures are taken twice daily.
- You can drop off care packages, gifts and non-perishable food items to be passed along to your loved one. We encourage you to send care packages as it brings great delight to the residents.
COVID-19 Testing Information
- Rapid Antigen Tests (RATs) were conducted on all consenting residents in Ferngully on 9/10 January.
- All consenting residents in Waratah tested negative from RAT's conducted on Sunday, 9 January.
- Rapid Antigen Tests (RAT) were conducted on all consenting residents on Wednesday, 12 January. All results were negative.
- A number of staff members have tested positive for COVID-19. All staff are fully vaccinated.
- No residents have received a positive test result for COVID-19.
- We are completing rapid antigen tests on all staff before they start their shift, in addition to the entry screening and automated body temperature readings.
- There continues to be significant and rapid COVID-19 transmission in the community, and our staff are exposed to this as they reside in the local area.
How We're Managing COVID-19 Testing
- With delays in the results of PCR testing, the home is also using Rapid Antigen Testing (RAT) for early detection of possible COVID-19 cases.
- If a resident returns a positive RAT result, we are treating this result as a positive COVID-19 case. PCR testing will be undertaken to confirm these results.
- In the event of a positive RAT result we may take some precautionary infection control measures and restrict movement in parts of the home.
- If a resident tests positive (RAT or PCR), we will communicate with families first and then provide that update to all families through this website page.
We wish to thank you for your support of our team as we manage the ongoing situation at Dorothy Henderson Lodge.
Please know we are doing all we can in partnership with health authorities and with support from our wider residential leadership team and our executive leadership team to respond to this situation. The health, safety and wellbeing of your loved one is our absolute priority.