BaptistCare Griffith is currently clear of any exposure or infectious outbreak and is open to visitors.
General visitor information
- Visitors are no longer required to wear a facemask when infection levels are low in the community.
- When infection levels are moderate or high in the community, a risk assessment will take place, and all staff and visitors may be asked to wear a mask.
- Visitors may be required to take a RAT before entering the home if infection levels are moderate to high in the community.
- Where possible, visits should be held outdoors or in well-ventilated areas away from other residents.
- Social distancing is encouraged, particularly in communal areas.
- Visitors are strongly encouraged to have booster vaccines (Influenza and COVID-19) if/when they are eligible.
- Visiting is open from 10:00am each day, however you may visit your loved one earlier if you would like to. Visiting times may vary during an outbreak or exposure.
- The home or parts of the home may have to temporarily close to general visitors during an exposure or outbreak.
- Care Partners will always be able to visit as they will have completed Infection Prevention and Control training.
Please DO NOT visit the home if:
- You have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past seven days, unless approved by the Residential Manager on compassionate grounds.
- You are unwell or have experienced any symptoms of an infectious disease. These include but are not limited to cold and flu symptoms, nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.
- You have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or an infectious disease in the last seven days.
- Residents can be taken out of the home for excursions, although we would ask that you consider the risks involved. We strongly recommend residents stay in the home when there are high case numbers in the community. Excursions to low-risk settings, preferably outdoors or with good ventilation, are encouraged. Appropriate social distancing, hand hygiene and mask-wearing where possible are important to keep your resident safe.
We wish to thank you for your support of our team at BaptistCare Griffith.
Please know we are doing all we can in partnership with health authorities and with support from our wider residential leadership team and our executive leadership team to respond to this situation. The health, safety and well-being of your loved one is our absolute priority.