BaptistCare Griffith is currently clear of COVID-19, and is open to visitors.
General Visitation Information
- Visitors are limited to 2 adults and 2 children per resident.
- From 1 September 2023, visitors and staff will no longer need to wear a face mask in the home unless there is an outbreak of an infectious illness.
- Visitors may be required to take a rapid antigen test (RAT) before entering the home.
- Social distancing is encouraged, particularly in communal areas.
- Visitors are strongly encouraged to have a booster vaccine if/when they are eligible.
- Visiting hours on weekdays are 9:30am to 4:30pm.
- Visiting hours on weekends are 10:00am to 2:30pm.
- To request a visit outside of these times, please call the home directly.
- The home or parts of the home may temporarily need to close to visitors during a COVID-19 exposure or outbreak.
Please DO NOT visit the home if:
- You have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past seven days, unless approved by the Residential Manager on compassionate grounds.
- You are unwell, or have experienced any COVID-19 symptoms in the past seven days.
- You are a household contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- You are living with a COVID-19 positive person and are waiting on a COVID-19 test result.
- For residents who can be taken out of the home for excursions, we would ask that you consider the risks involved. We are strongly recommending residents stay in the home given the high case numbers in the community. Excursions from the home should only be to low-risk settings, preferably outdoors, and with good social distancing, hand hygiene and mask-wearing where possible.
We wish to thank you for your support of our team as we manage the ongoing situation at BaptistCare Griffith.
Please know we are doing all we can in partnership with health authorities and with support from our wider residential leadership team and our executive leadership team to respond to this situation. The health, safety and well-being of your loved one is our absolute priority.