BaptistCare Warabrook is currently clear of COVID-19, and is open to visitors.
General Visitation Information
- There is no restriction on the number of visitors for residents.
- From 1 September 2023, visitors and staff will no longer need to wear a face mask in the home unless there is an outbreak of an infectious illness.
- Where possible, visits should be held outdoors or in well-ventilated areas away from other residents.
- Social distancing is encouraged, particularly in communal areas.
- Visitors may be required to take a rapid antigen test (RAT) before entering the home.
- Visitors are strongly encouraged to have a booster vaccine if/when they are eligible.
- The home or parts of the home may temporarily need to close to visitors during a COVID-19 exposure or outbreak.
- Visiting hours on weekdays are 10:00am to 5:00pm.
- Visiting hours on weekends are 10:00am to 3:00pm.
- Visitors need to book their visit using the Acuity link found here.
- BaptistCare Warabrook is able to offer RATs to visitors, but encourages visitors to provide their own where possible.
Please DO NOT visit the home if:
- You have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past seven days, unless approved by the Residential Manager on compassionate grounds.
- You are unwell or have experienced any COVID-19 symptoms in the past seven days.
- You have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last seven days.
- Residents can be taken out of the home for excursions, although we would ask that you consider the risks involved. We are strongly recommending residents stay in the home given the high case numbers in the community. Excursions from the home should only be to low-risk settings, preferably outdoors, and with good social distancing, hand hygiene and mask-wearing where possible.
We wish to thank you for your support of our team throughout the situation at BaptistCare Warabrook.
Please know we are doing all we can in partnership with health authorities and with support from our wider residential leadership team and our executive leadership team to respond to this situation. The health, safety and wellbeing of your loved one is our absolute priority.