What does this look like?
We’ve calculated our carbon footprint, and our next steps are to identify and prioritise our emissions reduction opportunities.
We’re supporting a just transition to net zero by 2050 or earlier, and this will include initiatives such as:
- Transitioning to green and renewable energy, including increasing rooftop solar,
- Reducing our energy consumption by being more efficient in our operations,
- Tackling waste and increasing recycling,
- Sustainable place-making in our future property designs,
- Developing customised sustainable design guidelines that draw on best practice and green building ratings,
- We're an early adopter of the new NABERS national sustainability rating in our Retirement Living portfolio,
- Trialling electric and hybrid vehicles for our fleet,
- Investing in innovation and ideas that support our sustainability goals,
- Engaging our team to build our internal sustainability knowledge and skills,
- Communicating our targets and regularly sharing our progress,
- Continuing our membership of the NSW Sustainability Advantage programme and collaborating with peers, and
- Engaging our suppliers on our commitment to responsible procurement.
We’re looking forward to providing more information on these initiatives as we progress.