Latest Update - 2:25pm on Monday, 17 January 2022
- BaptistCare is pleased to inform all family members that all areas of the home EXCEPT for Fairholm can reopen for visitors.
- Visiting hours will begin from 10:00am on Tuesday, 18 January.
- Each resident can have one fully vaccinated visitor per day.
- No visitors under 12 years of age are allowed at this time.
- Please book your visit online using the Acuity link here.
- Visitors may be asked to wear full PPE and undertake a rapid antigen test before entering the home.
Important updates regarding Morven Gardens:
- Fairholm is temporarily closed to all non-essential visitors until health authorities indicate it is safe for us to reopen, either in part or in full.
- All BaptistCare homes provide for essential care and end of life visitation.
Please be assured, the team at Morven will call you if there are any changes to the health or wellbeing of your loved one. We are conscious that residents miss their friends and family and we are taking steps to ensure the residents remain physically and mentally well during the current closure.
- Residents of the remaining wings are able to have visitors from Tuesday, 18 January.
- Resident body temperatures are taken twice daily.
- You can drop off care packages, gifts and non-perishable food items to be passed along to your loved one. We encourage you to send care packages as it brings great delight to the residents.
- We are continuing to work towards putting alternatives in place for phone and video contact with loved ones. Skype and phone calls may be booked via the online Acuity Booking System.
COVID-19 Testing Information
- 1 resident in Fairholm has tested positive to COVID-19.
- Rapid Antigen Testing (RAT) took place for all consenting residents in Fairholm on Friday, 14 January and all were negative.
- There are significant delays in the testing system which are impacting the timeliness of PCR test results.
- We are completing rapid antigen tests on all staff before they start their shift, in addition to the entry screening and automated body temperature readings.
- There continues to be significant and rapid COVID-19 transmission in the community, and our staff are exposed to this as they reside in the local area.
How We're Managing COVID-19 Testing
- With delays in the results of PCR testing, the home is also using Rapid Antigen Testing (RAT) for early detection of possible COVID-19 cases.
- If a resident returns a positive RAT result, we are treating this result as a positive COVID-19 case. PCR testing will be undertaken to confirm these results.
- In the event of a positive RAT result, we may take some precautionary infection control measures and restrict movement in parts of the home.
- If a resident tests positive (RAT or PCR), we will communicate with families first and then provide that update to all families through this website page.
Thank you for your support of our team as we manage the ongoing situation at Morven Gardens.
Please know we are doing all we can in partnership with health authorities and with support from our wider residential leadership team and our executive leadership team to respond to this situation. The health, safety and wellbeing of your loved one is our absolute priority.